Friday, May 20, 2011

A Good Month and a half on improvement of my Family Tree


First as of April 1st the 1911 UK Census came out in Scotland on which I found my mother just 1 year old Plus cousins, Aunts and uncle with good information to move foreward Then I joined the Heritage Family Tree Web site and quickly found my cousin Wallace Hamilton, whose family my parents and I visited when they lived in Buffalo NY. I know I was a young teenager at the time (by a photo it might have been 1955) I don't remember such about the visit accept that Wallace's older sisters took me unwilly to a Public Pool at their mother's command and Talking with them as we wash the dishes one night and that we talked so much that their mother didn't think we did a very good job. Wallace and I E-mailed each other back and forth making corrections on each other's Family trees (I gave him access to my Family Tree on ancestry.com) Wallace ask me about my Aunt Vera, who I didn't know much about other than a few photos and what I remember from what my father had said through the years ( I always wish I asked more questions) I wrote to him that I would call our cousin Anne Reilly who also lives on Long Island.
    It turned out to be a very fortunate phone call I made to Anne who is the daughter of my Aunt Mary on my Father's side, for it seems that Aunt Vera's family lived down stairs from her sister Mary's family so Anne grew up with my Aunt Vera. One thing I learned is that Vera is the name everyone calls her, but her legal name is Sarah Veronica Boyle (Gallacher) which explains why I could not find her on scotlandspeople.gov.uk web site. Once I knew her name I found her marriage and Death Registries. My Aunts and my Father were all born in the United States and returned to Scotland, this I knew, Anne told me that her mother told her that she was about ten years old when the family returned to Scotland, Anne mother I knew was born in 1904 so I looked on ancestry.com at the passage list for ships returning to Scotland and found them on the Ship Numidian that traveled from Boston to Glasgow on 21 November 1913. Anne also said she had photos and newspaper clippings that she would send, I ask Anne if it was alright if Wallace Hamilton call her and she said it would be fine with her.
    So since April 1st I added and subtracted people on my Family Tree a net gain of about 20 people and learned a little more about my family

No comments:

Post a Comment