Friday, March 16, 2012

Making corrections

I have been going along thinking that I vetted all the 2079 People I put on my family tree, but then when I tried to upload a Gedcom file onto the Wiki web site werelate.org and they came back with four pages of what they saw as errors or warnings. So I guess I didn't do as good a job as I thought . Now a lot of the error were children being born before marriage, which were not  errors just  some of my ancestors having a bit of fun. The error list also had made the calibration that women have their children between the ages of 18 and 45 years old,  any born too early or too late maybe an error. Others were events happening after death, but the event listed were where parents names were put on marriages of their children after their deaths.

          The lesson learned is that no matter how careful you think you have been its a good idea to run correction test once in a while. A lot of the trouble has been automatic records from ancestry.com had some errors that I didn't catch and adding information from other peoples research that had errors. So the fix is going slow analyzing the incoming data.

No comments:

Post a Comment