Friday, October 18, 2013

Valuations now available for Scotland


I started this year working on the new valuations now available from the General Registrar’s office for Scotland, on which it was easier to identify ancestors than in Ireland which also has at least one valuation available.  I know a lot of information about my Scottish ancestor’s location from records I got from their web site www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk , but know next to nothing about my ancestors when they lived in Ireland. The valuations is a list of owners and tenants on prosperity showing the address of the prosperity and  just show the head of households with  their occupations  and how much they paid for rent.  Good confirmation has well at a little more of what their lives must have been live back in 19th century Scotland.

No comments:

Post a Comment