Monday, February 6, 2017

Eulogy from Scotland


I Received a letter from my cousin Anne Reilly who lives here on Long Island, now Anne is a Daughter of my father’s older sister Mary. Anne said she received a letter with a eulogy of my other cousin Ann Gallacher Hutchison who lived back in Scotland and who is the Daughter of my father’s younger sister Vera. The letter sent to Anne Reilly by Angela Hutchison Walker who is Ann Gallacher Hutchison’s Daughte

          Anyway, the eulogy gave a detailed account of Ann Gallacher Hutchison’s life, but was written for folks who knew her. So, I modified it into a biography of Ann adding full names of her parents and husband as well as the full names of places. So, her descendants will better understand her life of growing up in a small Scottish town in the latter part of the 20th Century.
    This is the first time I used a eulogy in this way, but I did write a brief biography of my sister when she died my niece turned it into a eulogy.  I think it is a good idea to use eulogies to add life to your ancestor’s story.

No comments:

Post a Comment