Thursday, September 2, 2021

Life begins at 80

 

Well, here I am little bit past my 80th birthday 80 years on this planet I have to say it was a pretty good life Better than I thought it would be when I first started out eight well a little bit short of 80 years ago.  I was born in Brooklyn it ends up a little bit slow on the uptake it always seemed to me that I was going on a normal pace but other people that I went to School with mostly teachers and bosses I worked with claim always will going slow. So, could do math, but not on speed tests if there was a time limit I was sunk.  I overcame that if you read my biography that is on ancestry and others it's quite long and I'm not a great writer so you really have to be interested in putting some meat on the bones of your family tree. Which I was always interested in doing what more what the persons were like which is one of the reasons I'm writing this I didn't do good in school especially the early years from kindergarten to 3rd grade with third grade teacher Mrs. Terry put me back a year which I paid for the rest of my school years and away I was given a pass through the rest of my school life which sounds good, but I should've put more effort on breaking out of that bubble. I did better in my working life with people seem to appreciate me more my first job was at Jones beach and at the end of the season they asked me to come in on weekends which one of the few people they asked then after high school my  then sister in law told me to go to the unemployment office and they would give me a list of jobs that are available so I did I went to one in Bay Shore on Union Ave and they gave me a  job listing for a A&S department store which was only opposed to before three or four days. But lasted four years with time out for the for US army where I was drafted into and did alright I got out of going to Vietnam which was probably the best thing that happened to me in the army. I hated army when was on base, but I did like the field trips or maneuvers so I after the army I went back to the job a  A&S I worked there for another two years and decided it's time for change and I got a job at AIL in Deer Park. which was  Airborne Instruments Laboratory there I did so well I found myself my future wife the love of my life so that was a very successful job after which  I got a job at New York telephone where I did very well an lasted 33 years until my retirement which is still going on so all it was a good life Adele and I had two boys one of each had two more boys who are now striking out on Their  life’s journey as I did some 60 years ago I hope they have as good luck or maybe better than I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment